1. Buzzie – On the Inside (4 song EP) is getting close. The track are as follows:
- Why She Appears
- She Comes and Goes
- She Said (Beatles cover)
- Not Alone (remixed with the Martian Dust Devils)
The first two tracks were about 90% competed for Are You Feeling Anything Yet? but had to be dropped for lack to budget. So on these tracks the old Buzzie II crew is in tact. Cotton Mather originals Dana Myzer and Wit Williams, 20/20’s Ron Flynt on bass and producer, and additional stand outs Scrappy Judd Newcomb, John Notter Thomas, Michael Ramos, Mark Hallman. The 3rd track was originally planned for a Beatle’s compilation disc that never happened. And the final track is again from Are You Feeling Anything Yet? that was remixed from the original files by the Martin Dust Devils team.
This EP should be available before the end of June. The final touches are being added now.
The cover’s Buzzie depiction was created by a 17 year-old photoshop enthusiast from Finland. [Where is Finland again?]
Stay well tuned,
So I have tried, or wanted to try to sound like Collective Soul my entire solo career. Probably the closest I’ve ever come was in my early band Felix Culpa.
Since Blue Cartoon I have wanted to ROCK! But somehow I keep TWANGin. It’s not a bad thing, it’s just what happens when it comes together on record.
I would like to hip you to a couple of bands I have been grooving out to, and longing to sound like, but probably won’t.
- Silversun Pickups – Catch and Release
- Nada Surf – The Voices
- Ken Andrews – Alergic (an in the studio look on YouTube)
- Band of Horses – Is There a Ghost (on YouTube)
- Snow Patrol – Open Your Eyes (on YouTube)
- Minus the Bear – Studio Promo (YouTube)
- Future Clouds and Radar – The Epcot View (Robert Harrison was the primary song writer for Cotton Mather)
- Porcupine Tree – Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
- Sunny Day Real Estate – Television (an acoustic session on YouTube)
I think these bands and songs sort of typify the term “darker side of pop” that I use in conjunction with Buzzie. Cause I’m Pop and I’m Rock and I’m Americana and … And I want to ROCK darker!
You might be able to find most of these on my Blip.fm playlist.